I am interested in studying natural language processing and machine learning. Currently, I work on analyzing and improving deep learning models for sequence generation.
- Our paper, "What does BERT look at? An Analysis of BERT's Attention", won the best paper award at BlackboxNLP 2019!
- I am co-organizing the Workshop on Methods for Optimizing and Evaluating Neural Language Generation (NeuralGen 2019) co-located with NAACL'19 in Minneapolis. It will be held on June 6th, 2019!
- I was invited to speak at the Bay Area Research in NLP and ML Meetup in March, 2019. [slides]
- I was the head TA for the Winter 2019 offering of CS124: From Languages to Information, taught by Prof. Dan Jurafsky at Stanford.
- In Winter 2019, I participated in a policy lab offered by the Stanford Law School called Administering by Algorithm: Artificial Intelligence in the Regulatory State. I was quoted in a Stanford News Service article about it!
What does BERT look at? An Analysis of BERT's Attention. Kevin Clark, Urvashi Khandelwal, Omer Levy and Christopher D. Manning. BlackboxNLP, 2019. Best Paper Award.
BAM! Born-Again Multi-Task Networks for Natural Language Understanding. Kevin Clark, Minh-Thang Luong, Urvashi Khandelwal, Christopher D. Manning and Quoc V. Le. Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), 2019.
Sample Efficient Text Summarization Using a Single Pre-Trained Transformer. Urvashi Khandelwal, Kevin Clark, Dan Jurafsky, Lukasz Kaiser. ArXiv Preprint, 2019. [code]
Sharp Nearby, Fuzzy Far Away: How Neural Language Models Use Context. Urvashi Khandelwal, He He, Peng Qi, Dan Jurafsky. Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), 2018. [code]
ClusCite: Effective Citation Recommendation by Information Network-Based Clustering. Xiang Ren, Jialu Liu, Xiao Yu, Urvashi Khandelwal, Quanquan Gu, Lidan. Wang, Jiawei Han. ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), 2014.
Personalized Entity Recommendation: A Heterogeneous Information Network Approach. Xiao Yu, Xiang Ren, Yizhou Sun, Quanquan Gu, Brad Sturt, Urvashi Khandelwal, Brandon Norick, Jiawei Han.
International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM), 2014.
HeteRec: Entity Recommendation in Heterogeneous Information Networks with Implicit User Feedback. Xiao Yu, Xiang Ren, Yizhou Sun, Brad Sturt, Urvashi Khandelwal, Quanquan Gu, Brandon Norick, Jiawei Han.
ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys), 2013.